Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Some Day


Some day I will die and I'll face what I've done,
I'll face every lie then when my life is run.

I'll face all the chores that I've blown off and skipped,
The hearts I have torn, all my promises ripped.

Some day I will die and my fate may be dark,
I'll face every lie then and deed with my mark.

I'm not a real winner, for all I did do,
If you called me a sinner, your words would be true.

Some day I will die and I'll look at the light,
I'll face every lie, all the truths I did fight.

I'll face all the wrongs that I could have done right,
I'll face every song that I sung just to spite.

Some day I will die and I'll face all my deeds,
I'll face every lie, like a dark river's weeds.

It makes all the rest seem as not truly real,
Like bits of a dream, but they're part of the deal.

1 comment:

  1. The meter seems a bit off, but that's fine. Very good poem. I like the analogy of lies to "a dark river's weeds." that was cool.

    ReplyDelete