Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The White Side of the Apple

Greetings Readers.
As any fool might guess from taking a look at my blog, I enjoy poetry. However, at some point during my time reading poems, I came across one that I didn't particularly agree with. The author was using the poem to tell everyone who read it that Legends, Myths and Faerie-tales were all poisonous parasites that would corrupt your mind. Being a very big fan of Legends myself and not agreeing with a word this person said, I had to say something in return. Below is my reply to that poem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


All those story-book legends and Faerie-tales,
To some may mean nothing,
They see no truth in swords in stones,
And not in harps that sing,
For they think once they've grown just past,
The height o three-foot-three,
"Grown-ups" they are surely then,
And "Grown-ups" they must be.
 They think of Legends just as lies,
Of Faerie-tales as fibs,
Told to frighten and cajole,
Toddlers wearing bibs.
But those who wish to utterly,
Their thoughts of Legends tear,
Inhale great huge breaths of clart,
Instead of cleansing air.
They've traded in a woven truth,
Severed ancient ties,
And taken in its place a veil,
A blinder built with lies.
A Kingdom's walls may someday fall,
Everafters, some aren't happy,
But I say good beats evil always,
Though it may sound sappy,
And I might throw a book at those,
Who scoff at Faerie-tales,
And though I lack in many things,
Books I've got in bales.

3 comments:

  1. The fourth-to-last line, the word "I" is uncapitalized, and the second-to-last, it should be 'And though I lack' I believe, instead of "lake."

    Very appropriate poem, I especially liked the "height o three-foot-three" part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I edited out eh mistakes now. it seems there are always a few in there.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, by the way, I was tagged by Hyperlinkzer so now I have tagged you.

    www.inkwebbed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete